Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Amy's adorable kids

I've had the neat opportunity to spend time with my cousin Amy's kids throughout the last year. There are so many fun moments we have together and I never have my camera with me. But, I often have my phone in my pocket and while not the best camera, it works!

June 23, 2011
We took a walk one hot, summer day to a nearby park. We had an adventure finding it...taking several wrong turns and making the trip there about twice as long as it otherwise would have been. 

We came upon an injured butterfly. It had a hole in its wing. Using a stick we picked it up to put it a bit higher in a tree instead of stuck in the grass. The butterfly climbed up the stick and onto Olivia's arm. Ethan then also wanted a turn. I strongly cautioned them NOT to touch the butterfly's wings. They obeyed.








June 30, 2011
One of Olivia's and Ethan's favorite places to go is Jumping Jacks. We've gone a couple times and they've LOVED every minute. 


Afterward, we stopped by the snow cone stand for treats.




November 1, 2011
And for the past several weeks I've gotten to watch this bundle of joy. Grant is almost always a delight. He smiles and laughs and loves his brother Ethan so much--he idolizes him and watches his every move.  He is ALMOST mobile. He desperately wants to be crawling and walking and scoots along the floor.



November 8, 2011

Grant was a bit more stoic today. He only napped half his usual time and so wasn't as giggly and smiley, his normal temperament. Ethan and I made chocolate chip and a few pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.






1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Grant smiling! Thanks so much for tending our grandchildren. Amy is so lucky to have family close by to be with her kids.

    ReplyDelete