Sunday, November 27, 2011

Changing Seasons

I've had fun decorating our door. I bought this wreath as is at a thrift store for $1.50 or $2 with the intent of using at the base for my Christmas wreath. But it seemed seasonal, so I put it up for halloween and decorated with ghost and black cat cut-outs from my Maceys grocery store paper bag. The tape didn't stick very well, so some fell down by Halloween.


After Halloween, I wanted to have an autumn theme. I took off the orange and maroon raffia and put two straw figures that the girls in the singles ward used as table decorations for a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. 

 I think they look pretty cute together.


We also decorated our table and shelves with gourds and corn and pumpkins. 

Time passes quickly. No sooner do I decorate than it changes yet again. Yesterday I spent hours cleaning and rearranging furniture so that we can decorate for Christmas. I moved this shelf, so that our Nativity is now more centrally placed. 


 We went out last night (Saturday) to find ourselves a Christmas tree. We decided that since we have all the decorations and lights and stand to splurge. We paid $35 for our tree. We bought it from a family-owned stand and decided that it would help support them. Isn't it beautiful?

We hung our stockings over the fireplace :-) 


Simon loves our 'stove' heater. I do too.


 We laid our rug back down across the floor after everything was set-up. It's amazing how cold the wood is against our feet. The outside temperature has been resting between 20-35 or 40 degrees.


We're looking forward to the holidays. We get to spend Christmas in Utah this year and we decided to deck our apartment festively. 

1 comment: