Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Singer sings again!

I had a quilt project I wanted to start and I really did not want to sew all the squares by hand. I was telling my mom about my dilemma and she said Grandma Bateman might still have her Singer. She asked and Grandma said I could use it. She had it tuned up a couple years ago and hadn't used it since. Quite excited by the prospect, I accepted the offer.

Lo and behold, when the machine arrived the next week with Uncle Lynn and Aunt Kristi from St. George, a beautifully crafted antique singer.


I am thrilled beyond expression and am looking forward to beginning my project in earnest.

I love my grandma!

3 comments:

  1. That thing is a work of art! I'll be interested in knowing how well it works. We had a foot pedal one when I was young. Never used it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives a very nice stitch. It's from around 1947. It is electric and has a button you push with your foot like most sewing machines now.

    ReplyDelete