Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Year in Review : March through June 2013

I can't believe it's been more than a year since I last wrote an update on our blog. After getting a job as a receptionist at the Chewelah Community Health Center I rapidly went from the part time hours which I was hired to work, to working 40 hours per week. I repeatedly asked when I would be able to cut back, but it never managed to get worked into the schedule. There were ups and downs as there are in many jobs, however, I loved my coworkers. Working there was a great way to introduce myself into the community and become acquainted with the people here. It is fun a year later to walk into Valley Drug, Ace Hardware, or Safeway and smile and wave at people I know both from church and the community.

March through June:

Stain the deck/porch:







Watch the birds:







 Prune the trees:


 Garden:

 







And meet Pawsapus, the neighbor's cat who was very friendly.


(July)




Enjoy the Spring:












...and the neighbors cows. So cute!


 






Eat Pie!



Enjoy good food
Fried chicken

English breakfast

Pita, hummus, tabuli, wild rice 

Falafel in pitas and a curry over rice

Simon's  and Heather's 25th birthdays










Hike to Emerald Lake











 Replace carpet in Simon's Miata:


No comments:

Post a Comment